Sunday, November 29, 2015

Labor for Freedom

Being vigilant is tiring.  It is continuous and laborious, requires patience and the mental capacity to seek out information, comprehend that information and then reason a conclusion.  But I can sleep away the tiredness, I can relax away the frustration and mental strain.  What I cannot do is breathe life back into a fallen soldier or wipe away the blood stain of tyranny.  I would rather struggle to string together the right words to bring shape to my ideas, read pages of text and debate thousands of people than spill blood to retake our lost freedom.

Vigilance is a task not for the faint of heart, but should not be one left for the few – this is the duty of all free people.  A duty to not only secure the blessings of freedom for ourselves, but to ensure our posterity the same freedom of choice.

#bevigilantbefree

No comments:

Post a Comment